ReStore Donations Ambassador (Truck Driver)
Habitat for Humanity/ReStore of Greater Newburgh is seeking to fill our full-time Donations Ambassador Position.
Applicant will serve as primary liaison with donating community alongside driving assistant. We are looking for a responsible, accountable, consistently punctual, tactful and confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to lift/move objects over 75 lbs. with driving assistant’s help necessary. A NYS Driver’s License and clean driving record required. A D.O.T. physical exam will be required upon hiring. A possession of supervisory abilities, knowledge of retail or non-profit work environment, a professional demeanor, an understanding of Habitat for Humanity’s mission and a desire to promote it, experience working alongside volunteers, excellent judgment skills, flexibility regarding donation pick-up schedule variations, personal insight, a good sense of humor, and an ability to receive constructive feedback are all a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Drive and perform pick-ups of donations, ensuring timely and damage free pick-up of items large and small
- Log and review inventory of daily pick-ups
- Provide names/addresses of donors who deserve a note of thanks for their generosity and consideration of our services
- Maintain a service log for box truck, assure regular maintenance and repair of truck, oversee required daily/monthly/yearly equipment checks and report necessary service of repairs to store manager
- Maintain safety and security of truck and storage area
- Ensure ReStore policies and procedures regarding guidelines of acceptable vs. unacceptable donations are adhered to
- Ensure loading dock and parking lot are clean and orderly with assistance of driving assistant and staff of HFH/ReStore Volunteers
- Assist with organization of donated items in receiving and sorting areas to ensure orderly maintenance of storage areas while not driving truck
- Assist in maintenance of safe working environment for staff, volunteers, and customers
- Prepare and implement records with store manager and Donation Coordinator for the purpose of expanding donations
- Assist in defusing challenging situations with tact and an ability to turn a negative situation into a positive one
Rates of compensation: $15.50 per hour
Benefits Package Includes: company-paid health insurance, paid holidays, sick time, and generous vacation time
Apply with References to: email@example.com
Construction Crew Leader AmeriCorps
As a Construction Crew Leader, you are integral to our goals of building more homes and better neighborhoods and communities throughout our service area. Your primary responsibility will be to assist with hands on construction tasks including, but not limited to, site prep, framing, roofing, finish carpentry, landscaping and clean up. Additionally, you will lead small groups of volunteers, providing them with on-site orientations and safety talks and ensuring that they are well-employed while on work sites. On occasion, you may participate in larger community projects or affiliate events.
Please Note: while construction experience is helpful, it is not required.
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
- Driver's license
- Ability to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time, often on rough and uneven terrain
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work on ladders and heights of up to two-stories
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions – sites are often not heated during winter and not air-conditioned during summer
- A second language is highly desirable, with preferred languages being Spanish
- Ability (or willingness to learn) to drive large pick-up trucks
- Experience with power tools
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits of Service:
- AmeriCorps National living allowance of $13,732 (paid over the full 46.5 weeks of full-time service)
- Segal Education Award of $5,920 (upon successful completion of service) – lifetime maximum of 2
- Affordable Care Act compliant health care plan (Habitat pays the monthly premiums)
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
- 10 personal/sick leave days
- Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
What’s in it for you?
At the end of the service year, you will recruit and/or manage 750 volunteers in the building, rehabilitation, or repair of homes. You will participate in two (2) community outreach events and Neighborhood Revitalization projects, plus help us complete four (4) new builds, five (5) Critical Home Repair projects, and six (6) rehabs, in direct service of 15 families, including one (1) individual who is a veteran, active military, or their family members. Additionally, you will gain enhanced skills in communication, leadership, delegation, team-building time & project management, construction and safety.
Apply online here.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.