Communications & Marketing Coordinator
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of the organization’s communications and marketing activities including the creation of all marketing materials; the management of press relations, email marketing, monthly newsletters, website, and social media; and assist with the development of an annual communications plan.
• Create and sustain an overall communications strategy that improves Habitat Newburgh’s effective representation among multiple constituencies.
• Cultivate and manage relationships with the public, especially the media, keeping the Habitat brand and vision visible throughout the communities in which Habitat serves.
• Collaborate with Development, Family Services, Volunteer Coordinator, NRI Coordinator, to create materials that support all organizational outreach efforts for donors, volunteers, partner families, and other target groups as identified.
• Collaborate with Operations Manager and ReStore Manager to create and implement marketing strategy for Habitat Newburgh and the Habitat Newburgh ReStore.
• Maintain strong understanding of all Habitat Newburgh programs and activities, and be able to communicate about each effectively.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communication—from web presence to external relations—with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
• Promote education & advocacy of Habitat Newburgh’s programs and issues surrounding affordable housing.
• Participate in meetings, conferences, workshops and training on behalf of the affiliate for the purpose of continued growth, learning and leading best practices.
• Follow Habitat International Brand Builders guidelines.
• Graphic designer of all marketing and promotional materials, including flyers, invites, appeals, annual report, postcards, brochures, t-shirts, posters, signs, ads, slideshows & presentation materials, etc.
• Work in collaboration with other departments to create effective and appealing materials to meet organizational outreach needs.
• Coordinate printing and production of materials.
• Ensure regular photography of volunteers, events, and activities.
• Execute an effective media relations plan for Habitat Newburgh. Write and circulate press releases and media alerts, track exposure and maintain results-driven relationships with media.
• Develop and manage up-to-date press list.
• Organize press conferences.
• Prepare press packets, coordinate interview opportunities, and liaise with press during events and program activities.
• Post events on Community Calendars.
Email Communications & Solicitations
• Oversee content, design, and timely delivery of monthly e-newsletter. Coordinate contributing authors.
• Manage calendar of regular e-blast communications. Draft, design and deliver these email appeals and announcements in accordance with schedule. Collaborate with other departments for content as needed.
Web & Social Media
• Manage website, ensuring smooth operation and regularly updated information.
• Manage website event calendar and post Habitat Newburgh events and program activities to online community calendars.
• Craft or coordinate blog posts and web content.
• Film, edit, and distribute videos.
• Manage and grow social media presence, track engagement—Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Skills & Experience
• A bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Communications, Marketing, or related field).
• Skilled in desktop publishing, particularly Adobe Creative Suite and MS Publisher.
• Skilled in graphic design. Able to create appealing and effective materials incorporating feedback of collaborators.
• Experience working with brand guidelines to build cohesive messaging and branding.
• Results and detail oriented with ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities and projects.
• Ability to deliver quality product on tight deadlines.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to express ideas verbally and in writing.
• Excellent writing skills and strong proofreading and editing skills.
• Experience with web-based email marketing platforms.
• Professional social media experience.
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn new programs.
• Website management skills.
• Strong organizational, planning, and recordkeeping skills.
• Skilled in photography and videography.
• Knowledge and experience in the Hudson Valley community is preferred.
• Non-profit communications and marketing experience preferred (Candidates with transferrable business skills will be considered).
• Collaborates with coworkers from different departments.
• Clear and comprehensive understanding of mission, history, and vision of Habitat for Humanity for Greater Newburgh, and the desire to promote it.
• Values a team-oriented approach to decision making and problem-solving.
• Is able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Self-driven and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Enjoys meeting new people and building relationships.
• Demonstrates organizational and follow-through skills.
• Exhibits excellent time management and attention to detail.
• Makes sound decisions and demonstrates good judgment.
• Communicates effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and income levels.
• Provides and receives feedback constructively.
• Available and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends and one Saturday per month.
• Annual salary range: $36,000 - $40,000 dependent on experience
• Benefits include health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Construction Crew Leader AmeriCorps
As a Construction Crew Leader, you are integral to our goals of building more homes and better neighborhoods and communities throughout our service area. Your primary responsibility will be to assist with hands on construction tasks including, but not limited to, site prep, framing, roofing, finish carpentry, landscaping and clean up. Additionally, you will lead small groups of volunteers, providing them with on-site orientations and safety talks and ensuring that they are well-employed while on work sites. On occasion, you may participate in larger community projects or affiliate events.
Please Note: while construction experience is helpful, it is not required.
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
- Driver's license
- Ability to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time, often on rough and uneven terrain
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work on ladders and heights of up to two-stories
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions – sites are often not heated during winter and not air-conditioned during summer
- A second language is highly desirable, with preferred languages being Spanish
- Ability (or willingness to learn) to drive large pick-up trucks
- Experience with power tools
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits of Service:
- AmeriCorps National living allowance of $13,732 (paid over the full 46.5 weeks of full-time service)
- Segal Education Award of $5,920 (upon successful completion of service) – lifetime maximum of 2
- Affordable Care Act compliant health care plan (Habitat pays the monthly premiums)
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
- 10 personal/sick leave days
- Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
What’s in it for you?
At the end of the service year, you will recruit and/or manage 750 volunteers in the building, rehabilitation, or repair of homes. You will participate in two (2) community outreach events and Neighborhood Revitalization projects, plus help us complete four (4) new builds, five (5) Critical Home Repair projects, and six (6) rehabs, in direct service of 15 families, including one (1) individual who is a veteran, active military, or their family members. Additionally, you will gain enhanced skills in communication, leadership, delegation, team-building time & project management, construction and safety.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.