ReStore Donations Ambassador (Truck Driver)
ReStore Donations Ambassador (Truck Driver) Job Description
The ReStore Donations Ambassador is a part-time position fulfilling a key component of the donation process. They are responsible for driving the ReStore truck to pick-up donations, receiving dropped off donations, ensure adherence to the donation process and standards, and assists on the sales floor when required.
· Serve as the primary liaison with the donor community
· Perform successful interactions with corporate, retail, and individual donors
· Ensure timely and damage-free pick-up of donations
· Drive where required to perform pick-ups of donated items.
· Perform daily truck inspection, report necessary service or repairs for ReStore Manager to schedule, and maintains safety, security, service log of truck
· Ensure ReStore policies, standards for donations, and procedures are closely followed.
· Assist in organizing donations in receiving room
· Assist in maintaining a safe environment for customers, staff, and volunteers while at ReStore
Support other ReStore operations as needed.
Skills and Experience
· Hold a valid New York State Driver’s License and have a driving record that can be insured by our carrier and be willing to take a physical for DOT license
· Comfortable with and skilled at loading and driving a 16 ft. diesel box truck with a hydraulic lift
· Ability to safely lift and position 75 pounds, or more with assistance. The job entails bending, kneeling, and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions
· Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communications skills
· Ability to calmly defuse challenging situations on pick-ups and at ReStore
· Possess tact to reject donations in a gracious manner
· Knowledge of retail and nonprofit environment a plus
· Experience working with volunteers a plus, but not necessary
· Competency of cell phone, tablet, and GPS usage
· Ability to speak Spanish a plus
· Versed in the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh and Habitat International and has the desire to promote it
· Works effectively individually or collaboratively
· Is self-motivated, reliable, enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented, focused, flexible to change, good-humored, quick learning, and open to constructive criticism
· Able to work with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
· Exercises excellent judgment
$15.50 per hour with paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to CGaw@habitatnewburgh.org
Construction Crew Leader AmeriCorps
As a Construction Crew Leader, you are integral to our goals of building more homes and better neighborhoods and communities throughout our service area. Your primary responsibility will be to assist with hands on construction tasks including, but not limited to, site prep, framing, roofing, finish carpentry, landscaping and clean up. Additionally, you will lead small groups of volunteers, providing them with on-site orientations and safety talks and ensuring that they are well-employed while on work sites. On occasion, you may participate in larger community projects or affiliate events.
Please Note: while construction experience is helpful, it is not required.
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
- Driver's license
- Ability to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time, often on rough and uneven terrain
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work on ladders and heights of up to two-stories
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions – sites are often not heated during winter and not air-conditioned during summer
- A second language is highly desirable, with preferred languages being Spanish
- Ability (or willingness to learn) to drive large pick-up trucks
- Experience with power tools
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits of Service:
- AmeriCorps National living allowance of $13,732 (paid over the full 46.5 weeks of full-time service)
- Segal Education Award of $5,920 (upon successful completion of service) – lifetime maximum of 2
- Affordable Care Act compliant health care plan (Habitat pays the monthly premiums)
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care Benefits (if eligible)
- 10 personal/sick leave days
- Approx. 10 holidays (dependent on service location)
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) – offers free services, such as counseling and financial planning resources
What’s in it for you?
At the end of the service year, you will recruit and/or manage 750 volunteers in the building, rehabilitation, or repair of homes. You will participate in two (2) community outreach events and Neighborhood Revitalization projects, plus help us complete four (4) new builds, five (5) Critical Home Repair projects, and six (6) rehabs, in direct service of 15 families, including one (1) individual who is a veteran, active military, or their family members. Additionally, you will gain enhanced skills in communication, leadership, delegation, team-building time & project management, construction and safety.
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.