If you can answer yes to all of these questions, you are eligible to apply for our Homeownership Program
- Have you lived in our service area for 1 year?
- Are you a US citizen or have evidence of permanent residency?
- Do you meet the income guidelines (30%-80% of area median income)?
- Are you willing to pay a $1,500 deposit?
- Are you willing to contribute sweat equity (250 hours for single adult family/500 hours for 2+ adult family)?
- Are you willing to attend all homeowner education classes?
- Are you willing to take on a 30-year affordable mortgage?
If eligible, the application process can take 3 to 4 months. The process begins with the completion of the program application and submission of requested documents. The documents required are:
- Most recent tax return
- W-2 forms
- Most recent pay stubs
- Copy of all recent bills
- Bank statement
- Birth certificate
- Picture identification
- Copy of any public assistance verification
- Proof of residency or if applicable, copy of Notice of Action letter
- Contact information for former (if less than a year)/current employer and landlord
A meeting will be set up with Habitat Newburgh’s Family Service Manager to review the application and materials for completeness and an in-home interview will be conducted. Your application will then be reviewed by the Family Selection Committee and a recommendation for acceptance into the homeownership program will be forwarded to the Executive Director who will submit it for final approval from the Board of Directors.
|Number of People in Household||Minimum Household Income||Maximum Household Income|
Equal Housing Opportunity
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.