Donate to the ReStore
Every donation, every purchase helps Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh
serve families - building homes, communities and hope!
Drop off donations gladly accepted:
Thursday - Saturday
10 AM until 4 PM
NO appointment necessary!
To drop off, drive around the left side of our building to the 2nd loading dock
We are unable to assist with unloading of your vehicle, please bring help with you -
Please make sure donations are clean and in gently used condition.
What Can I Donate?
- Dressers, night stands, end tables, coffee tables, kitchen and dining tables, buffets, bookshelves, desks, and drafting tables
- Upholstered furniture - sofas, recliners, love seats, ottomans, etc. Must be in gently used to new condition - NO rips, stains, tears, smoking/pet odors or pet damage. We do not accept sleeper sofas.
- Refrigerators, freezers, cook tops, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, stoves and range hoods. Appliances must be clean and in full and complete working order. We cannot accept appliances older than 10 years.
- New air conditioners/dehumidifiers
Kitchen and Bath Cabinets
- Kitchen cabinets and vanities in good to excellent condition
- Bathroom (white or almond) and kitchen sinks - please remove all fixtures/plumbing before donating
- Laminate countertops
- Granite countertops
- Pots, pans, dishes, glassware, knick-knacks, artwork, coffee table books, records, cds, dvds.
- Table/floor/wall lamps
- Flat screen TV's (in complete working order)
- Seasonal holiday decor
- Small appliances - blenders, toasters, toaster ovens, mixers, etc..
- Interior and exterior residential light fixtures - in complete working order
- Windows & doors in gently used to new condition
- New/never used wood flooring and tile
- New bathtubs & shower enclosures
- New toilets
- New in the box shower doors
- New/never used kitchen/bath fixtures
- Latex paint/water based stain - less than 1 year old, never opened and stored inside
Hardware and Tools
- Full boxes or unopened hardware
- Hand and power tools in new or good condition
- Adult & children's bicycles
- Sports equipment
Items We Do Not Accept
- Anything that doesn’t work or is dirty, stained, chipped, or broken
- College/school text books/adult fiction & non-fiction/encyclopedias/magazines
- Computer, fax and copy equipment
- Used/broken tiles
- Clothing, linens, bedding and drapes
- Mattresses and box springs
- Baby items, toys, playground equipment
- Used blinds or window treatments
- Opened paint, stain, thinners or hazardous material of any kind
- Used shower doors, hot tub or standard tub, toilets
- Unframed mirror or glass
- Appliances over 10 years old
- Used dishwashers, hot water heaters, wall ovens, and faucets
- Non flat screen TV's
- Any type of flooring made in China (due to formaldehyde)
- Furniture made with press board/MDF/chipboard
- Entertainment Centers
- Storm doors or windows
- Personal safety equipment (life vests, helmets, etc.)
- Treadmills or large electric exercise equipment
- Office furniture
- Large 2 pc. china hutches
- Hospital beds
- Used ceiling fans
- Used air conditioners
What Do We Pick Up?
We pick up all of the items on our accepted items list. However, we reserve the truck for pickups that meet the following requirements:
- You have a large quantity of items
- The items are large and require a truck to move
- Your are able to have your donation located in a garage or out on your driveway day of pick up
Due to the cost of transportation, the staff required, and our goal of being diligent in how we use our resources to raise funds to support Habitat’s building projects, we must limit our donation pickups to items that meet these criteria.
Please email photos of the items you would like to donate - this will help expedite the process. You can send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include in your email your name, address and contact phone number.
Our Donation Ambassador reserves the right to decline any donation that might be unsuitable for the ReStore or may pose a safety risk to our donation pick up team.
The following must be confirmed prior to confirming your pick up:
- All items to be donated must be located in your garage or out on the driveway day of pick up - we are unable to enter your home.
- Small items or breakables must be boxed, wrapped and ready to travel.
- Furniture or appliances that have been stored outside will be declined.
- We cannot take furniture apart, disconnect appliances, pack china/household items or remove artwork from walls.
- During inclement weather, we ask that your driveway be properly shoveled and salted.
- Please confirm that our 16' box truck will be able to safely navigate your driveway.
*Please note - we are unable to pick up donations in Ulster or Dutchess County.
To schedule a donation pick up in either of these counties,
please contact Ulster County Habitat ReStore or Dutchess County Habitat ReStore directly*