Donate to the ReStore
Thank you for thinking of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh ReStore! Your donation helps build safe, clean and affordable homes in the City of Newburgh. Below is a list of items we can and cannot accept. Please make sure donations are clean and in new or gently used condition.
Donations may be dropped off at our loading dock from 9:30 to 4:30, Tuesday through Saturday. Please make sure you speak with a staff member or volunteer before leaving your item, do not leave donations on the loading dock after store hours or if no one is available to assist you!
What Can I Donate?
- Furniture including: dressers, night stands, end tables, coffee tables, kitchen and dining tables, buffets, bookshelves, desks, and drafting tables.
- Upholstered items/area rugs - We accept items in excellent to new condition. No rips, stains, pet hair, smoke odors, or fading.
- Refrigerators, freezers, cook tops, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, stoves, range hoods, air conditioners (accepted seasonally March thru Sept.). We do not take dishwashers or wall ovens. Appliances must be in full and complete working order and less than 10 years old.
Kitchen and Bath Cabinets
- We accept clean cabinets and vanities in good to excellent condition. We also take thoroughly cleaned sinks and toilets that are less than 10 years old.
- Pots, pans, dishes, glassware, knick-knacks, artwork, books, records, cds, dvds etc. All items should be clean and new or gently used. No textbooks, magazines, VHS or tape cassettes.
- Table/floor lamps
- Interior and exterior residential fixtures - must be in complete working order.
- We accept windows, doors, new and never used wood flooring and tile.
Hardware and Tools
- Full boxes or unopened hardware. Hand and power tools in new or good condition.
- We accept adult & childrens bicycles, exercise and sports equipment in good working order and less than 10 years old.
Items We Do Not Accept
- Anything that doesn’t work or is dirty, stained, chipped, or broken
- Computer, fax and copy equipment
- Used/broken tiles
- Clothing, linens, bedding and drapes
- Mattresses and box springs
- Baby items, toys, playground equipment
- Blinds or window treatments of any kind
- Opened paint, stain, thinners or hazardous material of any kind
- Shower doors, any used hot tub or regular tub
- Unframed mirror or glass
- Appliances over 10 years old
- Dishwashers, used hot water heaters, wall ovens, and faucets
- TVs (except true flat screen)
- Any type of flooring made in China (due to formaldehyde)
- Furniture made with pressboard
- Entertainment Centers
- Storm Doors or Windows
What Do We Pick Up?
We pick up all of the items on our accepted items list. However, we reserve the truck for pickups that meet the following requirements:
- The items are at ground level and in good condition
- You are located within our service area*
- The items are large and require a truck to move
- You have a large quantity of items
Due to the cost of transportation, the staff required, and our goal of being diligent in how we use our resources to raise funds to support Habitat’s building projects, we must limit our donation pickups to items that meet these criteria. Photos of items you would like to donate are very helpful, and will help expedite the process. You can send photos to email@example.com. To schedule a pickup please call (845) 565-1789, ext. 142.
Our Donation Ambassador reserves the right to decline any donation that might be unsuitable for the ReStore or may pose a safety risk to our donation pick up team.
*The Greater Newburgh area and parts of Orange, Ulster, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam counties.